Friday, February 6, 2009

Glimpses of life in Kien An

Our university is in the little town of Kien An on the outskirts of Haiphong. There happens to be a local place a few blocks from our university within biking distance that we go on sunday mornings. Here's a pic of what it looked like at Christmas. You can see Andy, his "twin brother," and Caleb getting seated.


Here are a few pics of where I shop for fresh produce. First I park my bike at the "parking lot" for 1000VND. The guy in the white cap (sort of hidden) is really nice and always watches out for me.


Next are my tofu lady, chicken lady, and veggie lady.

2 comments:

Mike Ling said...

Hi again!

Some of those places are strangely familiar to me...ha ha.

Glad to hear you guys are back home safe!

Anonymous said...

it's SO great to see where you guys live, and to hear of your language progress! we continue to lift you guys up- loved our time in saigon with your family!
jason, jill and ella