Saturday, June 6, 2009

The day we left HP




I got up at 5:30 to try to finish up the last-minute packing and get ready for the driver to come pick us up at 6:30. I could hear the heavy rain pouring down outside our dorm, feeling even sadder that it rained on our last day in HP. I then decided to text a student in my class telling her not to come to see us off in this heavy rain. She texted back saying that she was already outside the gate waiting for us along with several other students! Sure enough, five students had been sitting outside I didn’t know for how long. I hurried and opened the gate to let them in and offered them some bread fearing they have not had time to eat breakfast. I was touched that these students actually biked in the heavy rain early in the morning to see us off. And they had a Speaking final that morning as well. On our way to the airport, a few other students sent their goodbyes and good wishes through the cell phones.
Thank you students for your thoughtfulness and kindness toward us.

3 comments:

Thuy_nhoc said...

u're very welcome. Hehe. Time went by too fast, 9 days from that day.......

Anonymous said...

yes, a year went by fast. Eight years went by even faster... it's June 9th today.

mushroom said...

if only i had been there to say goodbye to u...