Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I am Chinese!

When I am out with Andy on the streets of Vietnam speaking English, I am often mistaken by locals for a Vietnamese woman married to a foreigner. And when I am now in Hong Kong out with Caleb on the streets speaking English, I am mistaken by locals for a Filipino domestic helper! I have learned to ignore the stares.

By the way, Caleb and I just arrived in Hong Kong. Andy will join us in June for another week before the three of us head back to the States on June 9. Caleb enjoyed his library trip today so very much! And my first reaction upon arrival was: There are so many cars (not motorbikes)!

2 comments:

Nate said...

Yeah... I get the same thing as well.. People mistake me for Filipino all the time.
Anyway, can't wait to see you guys again in June!

Maren said...

Haha! I laughed out loud and told Nadia. We play, 'Guess that nationality' all the time in cafes in Hanoi.