Monday, July 20, 2009

Driving?

I guess, like swimming and biking, driving is another skill that one does not quite forget how to do. I had thought that after not having driven for a year I would forget how to drive. When I got back in June, I picked it up just like that. And old habits really die hard. I found myself reaching for the foot brake and the gear shifting handle next to the steering wheel since I was driving the mini-van last year.

We had sold all our cars last year before we left but are grateful Andy's sister kept one of Andy's old cars that he had passed down to her. It was Andy's first car from college that he bought from my roommate. It is an 89 Civic with a now broken A/C. But this old faithful proves to be very useful to us this summer. Much praise! We can't go long distance with it since it overheats easily and it can get unbearable driving without A/C in California's heat. Here's a picture of our 20-year-old old faithful.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I completely agree! I thought the same thing!