Monday, October 13, 2008

Mr. Dao is bald...

One of the assignments I gave the students last week was to describe one of their *former* teachers. I was going through their papers, and I realized I had forgotten to explain to them the word "former." One of the students wrote the following:
Mr. Dao is one of my foreign teachers in Hai Phong University. He teaches me speaking and listening English. The first time I saw him, he made me impressed Because he didn't look like a foreigner. And in fact, he's a Vietnamese, and his nationality is American.
Mr. Dao is bald. He has a tall nose, nice smile. He wears plainly. He told us he's 41 years old. But I think he looks younger. He's very enthusiastic; humorous. He's always willing to help us. Fortunately, he knows Vietnamese. So we can ask what we don't know in Vietnamese. He's always smiles. It makes him more sociable.
I am wondering what grade I should give her...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

An "A" of course :)

Tiffany
(Patrick's friend)