Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Random Updates


Caleb has become good friends with our teammate Manny's Vietnamese tutor. She lives in the dorm building next to ours and comes each week to play with him. She's taken him for walks and even to take these fancy studio pictures across from the university that are very popular with young people here.

As for me, I've tried to bake for the first time with ingredients obtained here in Haiphong. I didn't have all the measuring spoons, and also decided to use Milo powder in place of cocoa powder which I have yet to get. Here's a picture of my first half batch of Milo Bars (brownies) which I shared with some friends who came to study.

For Caleb's math, we didn't purchase the balance that is used in his Saxon math lessons thinking that we may be able to find one here. But since we have yet to see one, Caleb made a temporary one with his K'nex instead.

No comments: