Thursday, November 12, 2009

OT names

I've been using the MCheyne chart for daily reading for a few years now (thanks Lois!) and Caleb has been joining me for the past two years. I do not want to be too ambitious so I only do two of the four passages each day, and I read aloud one of those two to Caleb. As we were given the choice of either an OT passage or an NT passage, Caleb and I both selected the OT together. We just finished 2 Kings today, and will be on to 1 Chronicles. As Caleb looked ahead today to the chapter for tomorrow, he exclaimed, "Mommy, you are in trouble." I asked why. He said, "Just look at those names." It's not unusual since I've already "suffered" through Numbers and Kings. But this time I may need to ask Andy for the recordings he has on his mp3 player instead... On a serious note, it's truly a treasure to read through the OT (and the whole book for that matter) with a child.

No comments: