Friday, May 22, 2009

Little homemaking things I am thankful for…

Over the past year, there were definitely lots of adjustments to make. But in the end, I am thankful for being blessed with much...

I’ve gotten used to the way of doing dishes here and not getting backaches anymore!

Though we do not have a dryer, I am still in love with the washer we are provided with with multiple water levels and programs to choose from!

A friend introduced these bi-directional shower slippers that prove to be so useful especially when we need to get in and out of the bathroom/kitchen so very often!

The students who live in the dorms adjacent to us often have to draw water from this water trough when water supply is low while we have running water to use. I learned not to complain whenever there’s an outage.

And we have the luxury of buying these 5-gallon jugs of drinking water for about $1.50 each.

I had trouble getting my dishes and plates to stay upright in the “dish rack” to dry but am grateful for these little hooks that I found at the store that I managed to insert through the rack to act as plate partitions!

Caleb had his first bite of pizza in Haiphong a couple weeks ago when our teammates finally got the chance to bake their famous homemade pizza!

My cooking companion (the two-burner stove) has served our family well this year. I’ve managed to make meals almost every night!

Though I miss having a hood, the natural ventilation still works well even though Andy warns me of rats and roaches coming in to the room since we are on the ground floor.

A friend sent a care package with these beautiful origami paper that kept Caleb and the students occupied making different origami’s.

I love the assortment of face masks to shield us from dust and exhaust (though I am truly the only one using it faithfully each time I am out).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One day, the things U still think they are just normal will become closer and unforgetable. Let remember all of them in your heart!
^_^

Thuy_nhoc said...

wanna cry. I'll meet you so much, the Daos