Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Team Kien An


Here is a belated picture of Team Kien An. It was taken during our retreat back in August. Manny and Ruth have both been teaching in Asia for over 14 years and we are learning so much from their lives, from shopping at the meat market to interacting with students. They just celebrated their 4th anniversary. Isn't that sweet?

Yes, as Andy mentioned, I've learned that we can live without a microwave, a kitchen sink, and a dryer! I cook the amount of rice just enough for the night, have an array of basins and dish rack set up on the floor of the bathroom, and hang dry everything from sheets to underwear in front of our dorm room.

Homeschooling with Caleb has gone on full speed as well from math to history. He started learning additions and just studied about nomads in ancient history. Biking to the market is still a challenge for me. Did I mention I didn't learn how to ride a bike until I went to college? But all the years of riding in the rain in Davis has helped with the transition of having to ride in a poncho.

No comments: